We thought, better than a complete review of the all new, award winning 2013 Ram 1500, we would give you a short list of the most exciting new changes and features. Here we go! (We added a bonus at the end!!)
1) The UConnect system with an 8.4-inch touch screen is available, as is a multifunction seven-inch TFT screen that replaces the previous gauge cluster. Other modern convenience features include keyless entry/ignition, adjustable pedals, Bluetooth, voice recognition, smartphone app connectivity and even a WiFi hotspot link.
2) A very cool addition is the truck’s central locking functionality from the doors now includes the tailgate and Rambox bed compartments. One more way to keep your belongings and truck safe.
3) Chrysler’s Pentastar V-6 is the new base-engine the 2013 Ram 1500 SLT. Compared to the previous 215-hp, 3.7-liter V-6, the new engine makes 90 more hp and 34 additional lb-ft of torque…totaling of 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque.
4) An equally impressive eight-speed automatic transmission, named the “TorqueFlite 8.” The all new transmission boast improved acceleration and efficiency with a fluid temperature management system that heats transmission fluid for optimal durability.
5) Last on our list is a new, four-corner air suspension, similar to the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The suspension will make four adjustments based on the need. The Aero setting drops the truck 1.1 inches automatically at speed. Off-Road 1 raises the truck 1.2 inches, and Off-Road 2 adds a full 2.0-inches to the clearance. The Park setting automatically lowers 2.0 inches below baseline to give occupants a lower height and also provide easier access to the bed. Very cool!
And for a bonus: Both V-8s currently are sold with a standard six-speed automatic, but by early next year the Hemi will also have its own version of the eight-speed as an option.
Test Drive the 2013 Ram 1500 in Paris, TX
If you’re ready to take the next step, then step up and get behind the wheel. Email one of our Ram sales specialists today to schedule a test drive. You can also shop our new Ram inventory online.